You might be focused on shaping up your physical health in 2013, but don’t forget about your mental health, too.
Check out these mental-health pointers to reduce stress and improve your mental wellbeing:
- Join a support group if you are dealing with a problem with which others may be able to help.
- Take a yoga or exercise class to help reduce tension and increase endorphins.
- Take a moment each day to reflect on your accomplishments.
- Take a breather every hour at work to get fresh air, a drink of water and to stretch.
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter or nursing home.
- Set realistic New Year’s Resolutions that are attainable.
- Stay connected with people and talk about your feelings.
- Practice meditation.
- Find a craft or hobby that you enjoy and stick with it.
So go ahead and make those resolutions to improve your physical health and get in shape; just don’t forget about your mental health.