Thinking of revamping your lifestyle in the New Year? Don’t forget your finances!
Here are some ways to stay flush in 2013.
- Keep cash on-hand. You’re less likely to spend money if you can see it leaving your hands rather than swiping a plastic card.
- Clip coupons and be on the lookout for online deals and sales.
- Invest in the services of a financial planner to better understand complex financial situations and how to plan for the future.
- Write out a monthly budget and stick to it!
- Set up a direct deposit so that 5 to 10 percent of your paycheck goes directly into savings. This way you won’t miss it.
- Close unused or defunct accounts.
- Ask for a raise. At the least, make sure you get a two percent cost of living bump.
- Pay off your debt with the highest interest rate first.
Stop putting off your financial goals and start taking steps to improve your personal finances in the New Year!