Take on a whole new meaning to “happy” New Year with these tips to keep your spirits up all the way through 2013:
- Look for the positives in a situation before jumping to the negatives.
- Exercise to boost your mood and self-confidence.
- Keep a running list of things you are grateful for and that make you happy.
- Do something nice for others.
- Make time for simple and fun activities such as a movie or getting your nails done.
- Talk to others about your feelings.
- Surround yourself with happy and positive people.
- Set realistic and healthy goals.
- Eat well, sleep enough, and take care of your physical health.
- Accept what you can and cannot control.
- Consider setting up an appointment with a therapist or life coach to help you identify and reach goals.
Simple things you might neglect could have a profound impact on your mood and overall happiness. Stop neglecting them this year!