Holiday shopping is well underway and with businesses competing with one another, more and more people are hitting the stores in New York. While you may be out shopping for a bargain, there are also dangers that you should be aware of to avoid serious injuries.
Here are some holiday shopper safety tips:
- obey traffic signals and signs while traveling from store to store;
- when walking, don’t assume vehicles will obey traffic laws;
- avoid walking alone, especially at night
- don’t carry large amounts of cash;
- stay alert of your surroundings;
- carry cash in your front pocket;
- if you must carry a purse, keep it close to you;
- don’t carry so many packages that you can’t see what’s ahead of you;
- be aware of strangers who may try to scam you or distract you in order to take your belongings; and
- dress comfortably but suitable for the weather.
Whether you were injured in a pedestrian accident or any other accident that was caused by the carelessness or recklessness of another, you could be entitled to compensation. To learn what your rights are and if you have a valid claim, you should get in touch with a New York City personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
Contacting a Manhattan Personal Injury Attorney
When you have sustained a serious injury or lost a loved because of an accident caused by negligence you are entitled to seek compensation for your damages and suffering. Consulting with a Manhattan personal injury attorney can help you better understand your rights, determine liability for your injuries, and decide if filing a personal injury claim is right for you. At Gacovino Lake & Associates we have formed a dedicated network of personal injury attorneys that serve clients nationwide. Our New York office serves residents of the 5 boroughs with their auto accident, medical malpractice, defective drug, premises liability, and Workers’ Compensation claims. For experienced help with your personal injury claim, contact us today– 1-800-246-4878.