During the holidays many families join in the kitchen to create all kinds of delicious treats. While baking with children can be a source of fun, it could also be dangerous. Burns from spills, flames or other hot sources are the most common accidents that can happen in the kitchen. Burns can range from minor to major injuries, which can cause not only physical damage but emotional and financial damage as well.
Here are some safety tips for holiday baking with children:
- never leave a hot stove unattended;
- never leave children alone in the kitchen, even for a second;
- don’t cook while holding a child;
- when possible, cook using the back burners;
- keep handles of pots turned toward the back of the stove;
- don’t wear loose-fitting clothing;
- keep hot liquids and foods away from the counter’s edge, or anywhere a child can reach; and
- keep electrical cords out of a child’s reach.
By following these tips, you can help make your holidays safe and enjoyable. When someone else’s negligence causes you or a loved one to be seriously injured, you may be entitled to compensation. Speak to a New York City personal injury attorney to learn if you have a legitimate claim.
Contacting a New York City Personal Injury Attorney
When you have sustained a serious injury or lost a loved because of an accident caused by negligence you are entitled to seek compensation for your damages and suffering. Consulting with a New York City personal injury attorney can help you better understand your rights, determine liability for your injuries, and decide if filing a personal injury claim is right for you. At Gacovino Lake & Associates we have formed a dedicated network of personal injury attorneys that serve clients nationwide. Our New York office serves residents of the 5 boroughs with their auto accident, medical malpractice, defective drug, premises liability, and Workers’ Compensation claims. For experienced help with your personal injury claim, contact us today – 1-800-246-4878.