It’s that time of year when the store shelves are stocked with an abundance of toys. Although holiday shoppers are on a mission to stock up, they should also be cautious. Unfortunately not every toy or baby product on the shelf is safe. You could potentially be purchasing a dangerous or defective toy or crib, which is why it is so important to stay current with the latest toy recalls.
Top 10 Toy and Baby Product Recalls of 2009
Here are the top 10 recalls of 2009 according to Parents Magazine:
- Inflatable Baby Floats – risk of drowning because of leg straps tearing and causing child to fall into water;
- Stork Craft Drop-Side Cribs – risk of entrapment or falling because of plastic hardware missing or breaking;
- Little Tikes Children’s Toy Workshop Sets – choking hazard because plastic toy nails can fit inside a child’s mouth;
- Buster Brown Clog Children’s Shoes – choking hazard because of decorative wheels detaching;
- Maclaren Strollers – laceration and fingertip amputation hazard because of hinge mechanism;
- Kolcraft Playards – fall hazard because of side rail failing to properly latch;
- FloraCraft Educational Craft Kits – lead poisoning hazard because of surface coating on the wires containing high levels of lead;
- State Farm Good Neigh Bears – choking hazard because of eyes detaching;
- Evenflo Envision High Chairs – fall hazard because of fasteners and screws loosening, along with a choking hazard from hardware detaching; and
- Zebco Brands Fishing Poles – lead poisoning hazard from paint on the reels containing high levels of lead.
Contact a New York product liability lawyer if your child has been injured by a dangerous or defective product. You may be eligible to file a defective product claim.
Contacting a New York Product Liability Lawyer
When you have sustained a serious injury or lost a loved because of a defective product you are entitled to seek compensation for your damages and suffering. Consulting with a New York product liability lawyer can help you better understand your rights, determine liability for your injuries, and decide if filing a defective product claim is right for you. At Gacovino Lake & Associates we have formed a dedicated network of product liability lawyers that serve clients nationwide. Our New York office serves residents of the 5 boroughs with their auto accident, medical malpractice, defective drug, premises liability, and Workers’ Compensation claims. For experienced help with your defective product claim, contact us today – 1-800-246-4878.