You can find great deals on used cars, but it is important to make sure you are getting a safe and reliable vehicle. How can you make sure?
Consider these tips on buying used cars from USA.gov:
- check prices in the Kelley Blue Book or other official used car guides, most of which are available on the internet;
- ask the dealer or owner about any previous damage, repairs or vehicle history. You can request the VIN number and get an official report, too;
- if the warranty is still valid, ask the manufacturer if you are still covered once you purchase the car;
- have a mechanic inspect the car and take a test drive before purchasing; and
- ask about the return policy and get any promises in writing.
By taking the time to do your research you can make sure you are riding in style and safety.