What is the formula or system used to figure out a fair settlement?
If you have been injured in an accident in New York and you plan pursue damages through a New York personal injury claim, you should know that there is no set formula or system to determine the amount of your potential settlement. This is because each accident is unique and your settlement will depend upon the facts of your accident, the extent of your injuries, and how they have affected your life.
To determine the value of your potential settlement after an accident in New York, the following factors will be taken into consideration:
• the amount of damage to your vehicle and your property;
• the injuries you have suffered, and the amount of time it took for your injuries to heal (or your long-term prognosis);
• the cost of your medical expenses;
• the cost of future medical expenses that you may incur;
• any physical pain or emotional suffering that you have experienced;
• any permanent disfigurement; and
• any loss of the quality of life that you enjoyed before your accident.
To prove these things and get the financial settlement you deserve through your New York personal injury claim, you can get help from an experienced Bronx injury lawyer.
How a Bronx Injury Lawyer Can Help
After an accident in New York, a Bronx injury lawyer can advise you on your case. In addition, your attorney isn’t encumbered by the recovery process from your accident, and can more adequately devote time and resources to your injury claim.
During your New York injury claim, your Bronx injury lawyer can help by:
• advising you on the strengths and weaknesses of your claim;
• gathering and analyzing evidence;
• helping you to get the testimonies of any witnesses;
• filing your New York personal injury claim in a correct and timely manner;
• negotiating with the insurance adjuster; and
• maximizing the amount of your recovery.
If you are unable to reach an acceptable settlement with the insurance claims adjuster, your lawyer may also represent you in a formal court of law.
Contacting a Bronx Injury Lawyer
At Gacovino Lake & Associates we have formed a dedicated network of personal injury lawyers that serve clients nationwide. Our New York office serves residents of the 5 boroughs with their auto accident, medical malpractice, defective drug, premises liability, and Workers’ Compensation claims. For experienced help with your personal injury claim, contact us today – 1-800-246-4878.