March 9, 2012: According to the NY Daily News numerous medical malpractice lawsuits have been filed against a hospital in Brooklyn. Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center has more than 100 lawsuits pending against them. These claims stem from accusations that serious or fatal injuries were inflicted on either them or their loved ones. Some of the allegations include:
- bedsores leading to fatal infections;
- negligence during birth leading to permanent brain and nerve injuries;
- puncture wound of a diabetic patient becoming infected to the point his toes were amputated; and
- a patient whose bracelet indicated she was allergic to penicillin was still given it.
Other hospitals facing high numbers of lawsuits in the area include:
- Maimonides Medical Center;
- New York Methodist Hospital;
- Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center;
- Wyckoff Heights Medical Center;
- Brooklyn Hospital Center;
- Interfaith Medical Center; and
- Rockaway Parkway.
Medical malpractice can happen in many forms and include many liable parties from doctors, to assistants, to receptionists. Considering the complexity of these types of cases, they can take longer to settle. Do not be surprised if the insurance company or attorney for the hospital or doctor takes extensive steps to investigate you and twists your words to devalue your case.
Are you a victim of medical malpractice in Brooklyn? Call an Attorney
When you have sustained a serious injury or lost a loved one because of a missed diagnosis you are entitled to seek compensation for your damages and suffering. Consulting with a New York medical malpractice attorney can help you better understand your rights, determine liability for your injuries, and decide if filing a medical malpractice claim is right for you. At Gacovino Lake & Associates we have formed a dedicated network of medical malpractice attorneys that serve clients nationwide. Our New York office serves residents of the 5 boroughs with their auto accident, medical malpractice, defective drug, premises liability, and Workers’ Compensation claims. For experienced help with your medical malpractice claim, contact us today– 1-800-246-4878.