When you are prescribed a new medication, it’s important to learn as much about it as you can. You should know what medical condition it is treating, why this particular drug has been chosen, and if there are any possible side effects.
Knowing as much as you can about potential side effects is very important. When it comes to medication, some may be dangerous or life-threatening if improperly prescribed.
A New York dangerous drug attorney recommends asking your physician or pharmacist the following 10 questions about drug side effects:
- What are the side effects that may be present with this drug?
- What are the most common side effects?
- What should I do if I experience side effects?
- Are there alternatives to this medication?
- Are any of the side effects severe or life-threatening?
- How soon might side effects be evident?
- Are some side effects only detected through tests?
- How long do side effects last?
- Can side effects be prevented?
- Do the side effects eventually go away?
After getting answers, you will be better equipped to make an informed decision about the medication. You should then be more prepared to gauge whether the benefits outweigh any risks.
Contacting a New York Dangerous Drug Attorney
At Gacovino Lake & Associates we have formed a dedicated network of dangerous drug attorneys that serve clients nationwide. Our New York office serves residents of the five boroughs with their auto accident, medical malpractice, defective drug, premises liability, and Workers’ Compensation claims. For experienced help with your dangerous drug claim, contact us today – 1-800-246-4878.