Public transportation is a great option for many people as gas prices are raising and worries about the environment worsen; however, taking this route of travel comes along with its own set of dangers. Follow these tips to stay safe.
- Don’t pull out large amounts of money and leave luxury goods at home or hidden if you’ll be taking public transportation.
- When waiting for a bus or train, stay as far back from the curbs as possible and wait in a well-lit area.
- Avoid getting on an empty bus or train car if possible.
- Do not fall asleep while in a taxi, bus, or train unless you are with a companion who is awake.
- Report any suspicious people or activity to the proper authorities.
- Report any maintenance problems such as burnt out lights or broken equipment.
- Stay alert and aware of your surroundings.
- If you get lost, ask the driver or an official employee for help.
By keeping these tips in mind, you can ensure that your experience on public transportation is a good and safe one. Remember that you can never be too careful in avoiding a serious injury accident.