Keeping the kiddies cool at the beach, pool, or lake can be a great idea and a lot of fun as a way to avoid the scorching sun in the summertime; however, it’s important to keep water safety in mind as splashing can turn to drowning in a matter of seconds.
Follow these 7 water safety tips this summer:
- •swim in areas supervised by a lifeguard;
- •understand the water situation you are entering (i.e. where the deep and shallow ends are, water temperature, currents, etc.);
- •make younger children wear a personal floatation device;
- •read and follow all posted signs in the swimming area;
- •get out of the water if foul weather is present;
- •take young children for swimming lessons; and
- •never ever leave a child unattended around water.