BBU, Inc., the parent company of the Bimbo Bakeries companies, has initiated a voluntary regional recall of hamburger and hotdog rolls because the rolls may contain fragments of metal. The company said that the fragments were caused by a faulty manufacturing part at one North Carolina bakery, according to a Department of Defense All Food and Drug Activity message sent May 10th. ALFOODACT messages originate from the Defense Logistics Agency’s food safety office.
Recalled products are the fresh rolls with “Best By” dates (month and day) and UPC codes distributed in the states listed below. The recalled packages also contain the bakery code next to the printed ‘Best By’ date.
The brands involved in this recall are: Ballpark, Colonial, Great Value, Kerns, Kroger, Sara Lee, Sunbeam, and Foodservice.
These products were sold in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee and Kentucky. The ‘Best By’ dates were May 20th and May 21st.
The Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) has publicized this recall to all of its stores, Cecil Mitchell, supervisory consumer safety officer at DeCA headquarters in Fort Lee, Virginia said. Products are immediately removed from store shelves whenever a commissary issues a recall.
DeCA food safety officials are monitoring this recall for any updates.
No injuries have been reported and no consumer reports have been received. No other Bimbo Bakeries USA products are affected by this recall.
The following products are subject to the recall:
- Ballpark White Hot Dog Buns 8 count
- Colonial Hamburger Buns 12 count
- Colonial Party Pack Buns 12 count
- Colonial Party Pack Seeded Hamburger Buns 12 count
- Colonial Seeded Hamburger Buns 12 count
- Great Value Jumbo Hamburger Buns 8 count
- Kerns Hamburger Buns 12 count
- Kroger Jumbo Hamburger Buns 8 count
- Kroger White Hamburger Buns 2 count
- Sara Lee 100% Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns 8 count
- Sara Lee Classic Hamburger Buns 12 count
- Sara Lee Seeded Hamburger Buns 8 count
- Sara Lee Seeded Hamburger Buns 12 count
- Sara Lee White Hamburger Buns 8 count
- Sunbeam Hamburger Buns 12 count
- Sunbeam Seeded Hamburger Buns 12 count
Consumers who have purchased any of these products can return the item to the place of purchase for a full refund.
For more information contact one of our Gacovino Lake attorneys at 1-800-246-HURT (4878).