Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) may be extremely severe or may be relatively mild concussions. Nevertheless, medical attention is very important following these injuries, no matter how minor they appear.
Some argue that natural therapies may prove helpful in treating a TBI, and home remedies may help some patients, too. The type of therapy or treatment recommended may vary depending on the severity of the injury. Of course, always check with your doctor before trying any additional treatment.
- Take it easy and get plenty of sleep if you have a concussion (ask your doctor about sleeping after head injuries).
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and any controlled substances.
- Physical therapy may help improve hand-eye coordination.
- Increase foods that contain antioxidants — they are believed to help strengthen blood vessels.
- Stay well-hydrated and drink plenty of water.
Other alternative therapies or treatments may be recommended to help supplement TBI, too. Ask your doctor about any additional treatment first.