What kind of evidence is needed for a car accident claim?
When you pursue compensation through a car accident claim in New York, you will need to provide evidence. This is what helps build a strong case and is something that a Bronx injury lawyer can help you with.
There are a variety of items and documentation that can be helpful in proving your case, some of which include:
• Police/Accident Report – in most states, you must report your accident to authorities, who will then complete a report on what happened;
• Medical Records – will show the type of injuries you have suffered, including any medication or medical procedures you will need to undergo;
• Medical Bills – all bills related to any medical care that you have received from your accident;
• Photographs – of the accident scene, your damaged vehicle and even your injuries;
• Lost Wages – a list or documentation from your employer, showing how much income you have gone without as a result of the accident/injuries; and
• Witness Statements – these can help in establishing fault or providing other important information from the accident.
There may be other types of facts, information, papers or records pertaining to your case that could help. You will need to establish that someone else’s negligence was the cause of your accident, so you want to ensure that you have enough proof.
When you have been seriously injured in an accident, then compensation could be available through a car accident claim in New York. To learn what your rights are and the options you have available, you will want to speak immediately with a Bronx injury lawyer.
Contacting a Bronx Injury Lawyer
When you have sustained a serious injury or lost a loved one as a result of a car accident, you are entitled to seek compensation for your damages and suffering. Consulting with a Bronx injury lawyer can help you better understand your rights, determine liability for your injuries, and decide if filing a personal injury claim is right for you.
At Gacovino Lake & Associates we have formed a dedicated network of injury lawyers to serve clients nationwide. Our New York office serves residents of the 5 boroughs with their auto accident, medical malpractice, defective drug, premises liability, and Workers’ Compensation claims. For experienced help with your personal injury claim, contact us today – 1-800-246-4878.