What are some of the risks associated with Fosamax?
There are a variety of serious risks associated with Fosamax. While Fosamax has proven to be an effective treatment for bone thinning disorders such as osteoporosis, it has also been associated with serious side effects.
Some of the risks associated with taking Fosamax include serious side effects, such as:
• osteonecrosis of the jaw (which is a painful and disfiguring condition that occurs when the jaw bone decays);
• osteomyelitis of the jaw (infection in the jaw bone);
• femur fractures (breaks in the thigh bone);
• vision problems;
• esophageal cancer;
• auditory hallucinations;
• Stevens-Johnson Syndrome (known as SJS, this occurs when the skin’s layers separate and die); and
• Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis (known as TEN, this is a more severe form of SJS).
Some of the symptoms that may indicate a consumer has suffered serious Fosamax side effects include:
• pain or swelling in the gums;
• numbness or altered sensation in the jaw;
• loose teeth;
• exposed bone in the mouth;
• pain or inflammation in the jaw;
• swallowing difficulties;
• fractures in the thigh bone;
• joint/bone/muscle pain; and
• new or worsening heartburn.
Patients who are taking Fosamax and experience any of those symptoms should immediately seek medical attention. Left untreated, these symptoms could result in severe and even life-threatening injuries. This is especially true if a patient suffers from osteonecrosis of the jaw, which can cause permanent disfigurement.
When You Have Suffered Injury Because of a Dangerous Drug
A personal injury lawyer will take the time to evaluate the facts surrounding your case to determine if your injuries are related to taking a dangerous prescription drug such as Fosamax. An attorney will also evaluate your medical records and determine if you are entitled to seek compensation for your injuries.
Contacting a New York Personal Injury Lawyer
When you have sustained a serious injury or lost a loved because of a dangerous drug you are entitled to seek compensation for your damages and suffering. Consulting with a New York personal injury lawyer can help you better understand your rights, determine liability for your injuries and decide if filing a dangerous prescription drug claim is right for you.
At Gacovino Lake & Associates we have formed a dedicated network of personal injury lawyers that serve clients nationwide. Our New York office serves residents of the 5 boroughs with their auto accident, medical malpractice, defective drug, premises liability and Workers’ Compensation claims. For experienced help with your dangerous prescription drug claim, contact us today– 1-800-246-4878.