One-Year-Old Drowns After Crawling Through Pet Door

(August 3, 2011)

A one-year-old girl drowned in her family’s pool after crawling – undetected – through a PetSafe Pet Door Panel and falling into the pool. She was without a pulse when her family found her minutes too late.

Her parents are suing the pet door’s manufacturers on behalf of her estate, alleging the product was defective and unreasonably dangerous. There were no warnings about the dangers of potential use by children, even though several other products by the same manufacturer warns of these dangers.

Although the manufacturers argued that the child’s parents were comparatively negligent for not supervising their child, the case was settled before trial for an undisclosed amount.

Contact us today – 1-800-246-4878. Feel free to leave us comments on our Facebook and Twitter pages.

Related Posts