Unfortunately, the road is not always a safe place for motorcycle riders.
Before heading out on a ride, take a look at these safety precautions that could help you stay safe while riding this season:
- before you leave the house, make sure your fluids are topped off and your bike is in good working order – check the lights, breaks and tires;
- wear bright clothing, turn on your lights and do your best to stay visible to other drivers, even in the daylight;
- take your time when passing vehicles and allow yourself enough room and to do so safely;
- always wear a helmet and have any passengers riding with you wear a helmet;
- never drink alcohol or use drugs if you will be driving a motorcycle;
- obey the speed limit and other posted signs and laws;
- avoid riding in the rain or other dangerous weather conditions; and
- consider taking a motorcycle safety course to familiarize yourself with how to respond in certain situations that are unique to motorcyclists.