Be Careful Of That Exploding Phone…

An 18-year-old girl in Switzerland was minding her own business at work, when suddenly, her Samsung Galaxy S3 cell phone exploded in her pocket.

As a result, Fanny Schlatter suffered severe burns on her leg, and her boss had to tear her pants off in order to assist her. While Samsung Switzerland is reportedly taking the incident “seriously,” and conducting an investigation, and while exploding phones are not a common occurrence, this is the third incident of an exploding Samsung phone in the past two years.

In 2012, another Samsung Galaxy S3 exploded, this time in a man’s car in Dublin, Ireland, and this past February, a Galaxy Note’s battery caught on fire in South Korea, although the battery was not attached to the phone at the time it caught fire.

It is worth noting that Samsung is not the only company that has had exploding phones, however. As we live in the modern technology age, electronics do malfunction. Over the past decade, multiple iPhones have exploded, as well as at least one Android phone, in addition to many non-smartphones. Although only 2 out of the 20+ million Samsung Galaxy S3’s is not a bad ratio, if you were one of those two people that found themselves in the way of that phone, you would beg to differ.

What do you think of this article? Should Samsung be penalized? Should this event be given more publicity? If you have a Samsung, does this article make you want to switch phones?

Feel free to comment on this blog post. For more information, contact a Gacovino Lake attorney at 1-800-246-HURT (4878).

Related Posts