Many will be taking to the roads over the holidays. Unfortunately, this time of year increases the risk of being seriously injured in a car accident. Distracted or impaired driving, along with other types of negligence could lead to devastating consequences. A New York personal injury attorney can help if you were the victim of someone else’s careless or reckless actions.
Here are 7 holiday driving safety tips:
- avoid engaging in activities that can distract you from the road while you’re behind the wheel (texting, talking on phone, inputting data into a GPS, etc.);
- give yourself plenty of time to get to where you are going (eliminates the need to speed);
- before taking a long trip or driving during inclement weather, check that your vehicle is in good working condition (all lights operate, the tires are full of air, the oil doesn’t need to be changed);
- if you have consumed alcohol, don’t get behind the wheel;
- keep a safe distance between your car and the vehicle in front of you;
- drive slower during icy, snowy conditions; and
- if taking a long trip, stop off for breaks so you don’t become fatigued.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, learn if you have a legitimate claim after being seriously injured in an accident by speaking to a New York personal injury attorney as soon as possible. An attorney will explain your rights and if you have any legal options available.
Contacting a New York Personal Injury Attorney
When you have sustained a serious injury or lost a loved because of an accident caused by negligence you are entitled to seek compensation for your damages and suffering. Consulting with a New York personal injury attorney can help you better understand your rights, determine liability for your injuries, and decide if filing a personal injury claim is right for you. At Gacovino Lake & Associates we have formed a dedicated network of personal injury attorneys that serve clients nationwide. Our New York office serves residents of the 5 boroughs with their auto accident, medical malpractice, defective drug, premises liability, and Workers’ Compensation claims. For experienced help with your personal injury claim, contact us today – 1-800-246-4878.