Even though cell phone use and driving is a dangerous mix, there are things you can do to minimize the risks:
- Acquaint yourself with your cell phone and its features, so you can place a call without taking your eyes off the road.
- Keep calls as short as possible and let the person you are speaking with know you are driving.
- If road conditions – weather or heavy traffic – change while you are on the phone, stop the conversation to ensure you will be alert.
- Place calls when you are not moving.
- Be aware that while you are on the phone, you will not be able to drive to 100% of your ability.
- If there is a passenger with you, ask them to make the call.
- Don’t multitask and distract yourself more by performing another task such as trying to find a pencil or looking at your GPS.
If You Are Injured in a Car Accident, Contact a NY State Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have been injured because of another driver’s cell phone use or other distracted driving issue, the law offices of Gacovino Lake & Associates can help. Our experienced team of lawyers can help determine liability and may employ forensic experts to maximize the damages you may be able to receive. Located in New York, we represent personal injury claims nationwide. Contact us today at 800-246-4878 to schedule a complimentary consultation.