In your last minute search for the right toy, you might not be thinking about safety. When it comes to children’s products or toys, you should never assume that what you’re purchasing is safe or appropriate for your child without carefully examining the instructions, warnings and contents. If your child has become the victim of a defective product, know that a New York defective product attorney can be of help when filing a claim.
Here are 7 things to avoid when shopping for toys this holiday season:
- strings, cords or straps that are long enough to wrap around a child’s neck, leading to an accidental strangulation;
- toys that aren’t age appropriate (read the age labels to determine what’s suitable);
- electrical toys that contain heating elements such as plugs or batteries, for children 8 and under due to a burn hazard;
- small magnetic pieces for children under the age of 6;
- toys containing small parts;
- toys painted with, or containing, lead; and
- toys with a high audio volume that could lead to hearing loss.
By avoiding these types of products, you can better protect your loved one. However, if your child has sustained serious injuries due to a defective toy then you may be entitled to compensation. To learn what your rights are, you should immediately speak to a New York defective product attorney.
Contacting a New York Defective Product Attorney
When you have sustained a serious injury or lost a loved because of a defective product caused by negligence you are entitled to seek compensation for your damages and suffering. Consulting with a New York defective product attorney can help you better understand your rights, determine liability for your injuries, and decide if filing a defective product claim is right for you. At Gacovino Lake & Associates we have formed a dedicated network of defective product attorneys that serve clients nationwide. Our New York office serves residents of the 5 boroughs with their auto accident, medical malpractice, defective drug, premises liability, and Workers’ Compensation claims. For experienced help with your defective product claim, contact us today– 1-800-246-4878.