Most people take it for granted when they are prescribed a medication. There may not be much thought given to safety or things you should be aware of, such as types of dangerous drugs. However, you could avoid serious, potentially life-threatening complications by keeping the following things in mind. Here are 5 things you should do when taking medication:
- keep all medicines out of the reach of children;
- take your medication as it has been prescribed (for instance, don’t crush the pills if you weren’t told to);
- have your prescriptions filled at the same pharmacy, which helps to keep track of what you are taking;
- when under the care of more than one doctor, be sure to inform each one about the medicines you are taking; and
- talk to your doctor about supplements, herbs, vitamins or over-the-counter medicines you take (these can cause harmful drug interactions).
Seek a Staten Island dangerous drug attorney as soon as possible if you were seriously injured, and you believe it was caused by medical negligence. Whether it was the doctor who prescribed the medication or a pharmacist who dispensed it, they may be held liable if they were the cause of a medication mistake. Contacting a Staten Island Dangerous Drug Attorney When you have sustained a serious injury or lost a loved one because of a dangerous drug, you are entitled to seek compensation for your damages and suffering. Consulting with a Staten Island dangerous drug attorney can help you better understand your rights, determine liability for your injuries, and decide if filing a dangerous drug claim is right for you. At Gacovino Lake & Associates we have formed a dedicated network of dangerous drug attorneys that serve clients nationwide. Our New York office serves residents of the 5 boroughs with their auto accident, medical malpractice, defective drug, premises liability, and Workers’ Compensation claims. For experienced help with your dangerous drug claim, contact us today – 1-800-246-4878.