After being injured in a car accident, it is important you don’t make the following five mistakes. It could hamper your ability to gain compensation for your personal injuries.
5 Mistakes to Avoid After a Car Accident
- Telling someone you’re OK – Do not tell the other driver or police you are OK. Let the medical professionals decide.
- Refusing medical care – After a car accident, you always should seek a thorough medical evaluation. Sometimes pain from an injury does not present itself until a day later, which will make it hard to attribute the injury to the accident.
- Providing a statement to the insurance company – The other driver’s insurance company likely will call you for a statement about the car accident and how you physically and mentally feel. Do not give them any information.
- Failing to follow doctor recommendations – Just because you don’t feel hurt doesn’t mean you aren’t hurt. It’s imperative you follow all of your doctor’s recommendations, including taking medications, making follow-up appointments, and reporting any problems.
- Losing track of documents – To build a personal injury case, you need to have all car accident and medical documentation. Keep a folder with all documents you collect from the day of the accident until you meet with a lawyer.
Bring all of your documents to a Queens personal injury attorney at Gacovino Lake & Associates. Contact them at 1-800-246-HURT to set up a consultation to find out if you have a case. Your personal injuries deserve compensation. Don’t allow yourself to suffer more than you have to – contact Gacovino Lake & Associates today.