The beautiful lights that cover Christmas trees and the outside of homes provide a cheery, warm glow. However these same lights could become a danger, including a fire risk. If you’ve become injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you may be eligible to file for a personal injury claim. Speak to an attorney to learn what your legal options are.
Here are 10 safety tips for your holiday lights:
- turn off all lights before leaving the house or going to bed;
- use lights and extension cords that are safety-certified (such as UL);
- never disconnect lights by yanking on the cord – pull the plug out;
- check lights for damage before using them;
- don’t overload extension cords or wall outlets, use a power strip instead;
- don’t use lights with cracked or broken sockets, loose connections or frayed wires;
- never run electrical cords under rugs or carpets where people walk;
- if using a metal tree, never attach electric lights to it;
- follow the manufacturer’s instructions for proper use; and
- use only outdoor lights for the outside and indoor lights for the inside.
If you or a loved one were seriously injured because of someone’s negligence or if there was a defect in a product, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Speak to a New York defective product attorney as soon as possible.
Contacting a New York Defective Product Attorney
When you have sustained a serious injury or lost a loved because of a defective product caused by negligence you are entitled to seek compensation for your damages and suffering. Consulting with a New York defective product attorney can help you better understand your rights, determine liability for your injuries, and decide if filing a personal injury claim is right for you. At Gacovino Lake & Associates we have formed a dedicated network of defective product attorneys that serve clients nationwide. Our New York office serves residents of the 5 boroughs with their auto accident, medical malpractice, defective drug, premises liability, and Workers’ Compensation claims. For experienced help with your defective product claim, contact us today – 1-800-246-4878.