A fireplace can be a soothing, enjoyable way to stay warm on those cold winter nights. However, the enjoyment of a fireplace can quickly turn frightening if safety precautions are not taken. If you were seriously injured because of someone else’s negligence, contact a personal injury attorney on Staten Island. Here are 10 fireplace safety tips:
- keep the damper open;
- keep a fire extinguisher nearby;
- have both the fireplace and chimney inspected every year;
- repair any cracks in bricks, mortar and flue lining;
- ensure the flue is free of obstructions, soot or creosote;
- make sure ashes are completely cooled before removing them;
- never leave a fire burning unattended, while you’re sleeping or if you’re out of the house;
- don’t use flammable liquids or gas to start or rekindle a fire;
- install a screen to keep sparks from flying out; and
- keep combustible/flammable objects away.
When you or someone you love suffers serious, life-threatening or fatal injuries caused by the careless or reckless actions of someone else, you may be entitled to file a claim. Seek help from a personal injury attorney on Staten Island to learn what your rights are and if you are entitled to compensation that addresses your lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering and more.
Contacting a Personal Injury Attorney on Staten Island
When you have sustained a serious injury or lost a loved because of negligence you are entitled to seek compensation for your damages and suffering. Consulting with a personal injury attorney on Staten Island can help you better understand your rights, determine liability for your injuries, and decide if filing a personal injury claim is right for you. At Gacovino Lake & Associates we have formed a dedicated network of personal injury attorneys that serve clients nationwide. Our New York office serves residents of the 5 boroughs with their auto accident, medical malpractice, defective drug, premises liability, and Workers’ Compensation claims. For experienced help with your personal injury claim, contact us today– 1-800-246-4878.