No two accidents ever occur in the same way, and no two injuries are exactly alike. If you have suffered broken bones or a head injury in a car crash, or your child or elderly loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident, or if a loved one has been killed because of someone else’s negligence or reckless actions, you deserve a legal professional who is committed to recovering your just compensation.
At Gacovino, Lake & Associates, P.C., our New York accident lawyers help injured parties file personal injury claims and advocate on their behalf to acquire payment for damages incurred.
Our New York personal injury law firm handles cases in the following areas:
- Motor vehicle accidents involving a car, bus, motorcycle, ATV, tractor-trailer, train, or even airplane. We also represent pedestrians who have been struck by cars, as well as those injured by drivers under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Environmental injuries that occur because of exposure to asbestos, carbon monoxide, benzene, oil spills, coal ash, lead, mold, or welding rods.
- Premises liability, including injuries sustained on someone else’s property, slip and fall, drowning, and electrocution accidents.
- Defective drugs which can cause serious injury to consumers not warned about the associated risks of the medication. This may be the responsibility of the drug manufacturer, the transportation company, the distributor, or anyone else that may have been liable for the injuries.
- Defective medical devices which can cause their own problems and lead to further medical complications. This may include hip replacement, transvaginal mesh implants, and stents.
- Medical malpractice injuries resulting from errors made by medical personnel including doctors, surgeons, nurses, or anyone else involved in administering treatment. This may include surgical errors, missed diagnoses, delayed diagnoses, or nursing home abuse.
- Workplace injuries such as burns from fires or explosions, broken bones or head or spinal trauma from falls, falling debris, or motor vehicle accidents. We help workers who experience injuries while performing work-related duties file claims to recover workers’ compensation benefits.
- Wrongful death cases in whicha loved one has been killed because of someone else’s negligent or reckless actions. Our accident lawyers in New York help you recover compensation for loss of companionship, lost wages, and other benefits to which you may be entitled.
How a New York Accident Lawyer Helps
Ultimately, if you wish to file a personal injury claim after suffering serious injuries in an accident, it is highly recommended you have an attorney on your side.
An accident attorney:
- helps you gather evidence to strengthen your claim;
- identifies parties liable for the injuries you sustained; and
- advises you on the best course of action to take depending on the specifics of your case and the laws of New York.
A New York accident lawyer acts as counsel and as a resource to answer any questions you may have.
You Can’t Afford to Wait
Filing a personal injury claim may seem like a daunting task. If you have been injured in New York though, you must act quickly to ensure you recover due compensation. Under New York law, for some personal injury cases, the claimant has up to three years to file a case (in some cases less time is available), after which they may be forever barred from seeking restitution.
Even if you are partly responsible for your injuries, Section 1411 of the New York Civil Practice Law and Rules still provides that you can recover partial compensation based on the negligence of the other liable party or parties.
If you wish to discuss the details of your case with an experienced professional or file a personal injury claim today, contact the New York accident lawyers at Gacovino, Lake & Associates, P.C. We represent a wide variety of personal injury clients, and will use our knowledge and ability to help you secure damages for you and your loved ones. You can contact us today online or by calling 800-550-0000. Our firm offers a FREE legal consultation and charges no fees unless you receive compensation.