Did someone do something or fail to do something that caused you or a family member to suffer a serious injury? You might have unexpected medical bills and no way to pay them, especially if your injury is keeping you from working. What if you are never able to work again? What if you or a family member needs help for the rest of your life? How will you afford it?
Call a Personal Injury Lawyer in Bohemia, Long Island for Help Today
You might need to file an injury claim against the at-fault party to recover the compensation you need. A personal injury lawyer in Bohemia, Long Island can protect your legal rights and fight for the money you deserve for injuries, damage, and lost wages. Call Gacovino, Lake & Associates, PLLC to discuss your case for free.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
It depends on your injuries. Your settlement might include compensation for:
- Medical bills to date
- Lost wages to date
- Future medical care costs
- Lost future earning capacity and benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Permanent disability or injury
The team at Gacovino, Lake & Associates, PLLC will determine how much your claim is worth and ensure any settlement offers match that.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help?
When you have one of our lawyers represent you, you can relax and focus on getting well. We will:
- Give you caring support
- Protect your legal rights
- Fight to get you a fair settlement
- Consult with medical professionals to get you the medical treatment you need
- Build a strong case for your claim
- Get medical experts to testify to support your claim
- Stand strong for you and negotiate with the insurance company
- Take your case to court if the insurance company refuses to negotiate
- File your claims
- Meet court deadlines
Having a personal injury lawyer on your side can help you secure your financial future. Your injuries may keep you from returning to work for weeks or months and you may need ongoing medical care. A settlement will help you keep a roof over your head and care for your family.
What Do I Need to Tell My Lawyer?
- When were you injured? New York gives injured parties three years to file and settle a personal injury claim. If you suffered an injury four years ago, you will be unable to recover compensation. We will file all documents within this time period to ensure you reserve your right to recover compensation.
- When did you discover your injuries? In many cases, injuries do not appear right away. In some cases, injuries take days or even weeks to appear. This can give the insurer an opportunity to allege your injuries resulted from an unrelated incident. If we know your injuries took time to appear, we can prepare for this claim from the insurance company.
- How did your injury occur? A lawyer needs to know the details. Bring any police or medical reports, pictures, or statements from witnesses with you to y our meeting.
- Where were you when you injured? Your lawyer must decide the best way to present your case to the insurance adjuster or the court. The way your lawyer presents the case can influence how successful the outcome is. Your lawyer will want to use the best approach to make sure you get a fair settlement.
- Were you injured by someone who was working at the time? If so, your claim may be against that person’s employer.
- Have you heard from the other person, his lawyers, or his insurance company? If you spoke to the other party’s insurance company, it will do what it can to use your words against you. By letting your lawyer know you spoke with the insurance company, we may be able to prevent the insurer using your words against you.
How Will a Lawyer Prove My Case?
Every personal injury case requires proving the following:
- The person at fault owed a duty of care to you or others.
- The person at fault failed to uphold that duty.
- The accident caused your injuries.
- You suffered damages.
Here is an example. You are at a local home improvement store. You slip and fall in a large puddle of water on the tile floor by the restrooms. You suffer a spinal cord injury in the fall. Another customer had already told the store manager about the spill, but he ignored it. By ignoring it, he failed in his duty to keep the store safe for visitors. In this case, the store likely owes you compensation for your injuries and losses.
Call Gacovino, Lake & Associates, P.C. at 631-600-0000 for Free
We will protect your legal rights. We will work to build your claim and negotiate with the insurance company for a fair settlement. If the insurance company does not agree to a fair settlement, we can file a lawsuit.
At Gacovino, Lake & Associates, P.C., we decades of experience with personal injury cases. This experience has given us the knowledge we need to handle all types of personal injuries. Our firm is well-equipped to build and manage your case. Schedule a free case consultation today: 631-600-0000.